Yearbook Reveal

At the Trinity Baptist School Christmas concert, there was a bit of a Mrs. Mellmann farewell.  It was announced that the school yearbook, which is dedicated to a teacher or staff person every year, was being dedicated to me.

This morning - at 8:30AM Vermont time...which means 6:30AM Montana time! - was the final school assembly and the yearbook reveal.  I was invited to Zoom in to the event so that the students could say their goodbyes and make one final plea for me to return (nothing like a little stroke to the ego).  It was fun to see all those faces of my students.  They were animated and energetic, and all too happy to sit in front of the computer and wave at me.

After the event, in an email exchange with an old friend and fellow teacher, I learned a little bit of back story.  When the School Administrator announced to the assembled students that I would be joining them by video call, the auditorium erupted in cheers (now, it is important to remember the students are all jazzed up because it's the last week of school so that could have something to do with it).  The secondary students (7th - 12th grade) cried out "We miss you!" and "Why did you ever leave us?" and other similar comments.  And she went on to say "You have MANY fans!  And your many fans think you are COOL.".

My fifteen minutes of fame and glory are over now and it's back my normal life.  Today, Monday, means...laundry.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm