Bitter - Sweet

It's gettin' real around here.

For the past couple of weeks we have been meeting old friends for one last cup of coffee or one last meal together before we leave Vermont.  I had my last hair appointment with my favorite beautician.  We have given away, sold, pitched, or packed almost all of our belongings - everything except the clothes we wear, the equipment we use to work, and the kitchen tools we eat with every day.

We gave away the last of our living room furniture this weekend.  All that remains is one chair that survived from the original furniture we bought when we built this house sixteen years ago.  It looks pretty...sparse.  Even the Christmas presents look a little sad sitting under the window waiting for the tree to go up.  It also doesn't look much like "home" anymore...ironic since Patrick will be coming "home" for Christmas - one last celebration in Vermont.

After Christmas, the office furniture will go to its new home, and the old treadmill get moved to its new digs with a new owner.  I'll make a couple more runs to the dump.  And in the early weeks of January, I can pack the rest of the kitchen and then wait for the movers to come and take the rest away.

When we moved here twenty three years ago, I never imagined that we would move away.  I figured our adventures would always start and end at 451 River Cove Road.  I guess, in a way, this next adventure does *start* at 451 River Cove Road, but it definitely won't end here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm