Spring Break Week

When the kids were in elementary school and were going to have an extended break (winter break, spring break, etc.) I would plan some activities for us to do during those days.  We did craft projects, baked, went to the playground, walked on Church Street, or spent an afternoon at Pizza Putt (now closed) climbing, playing mini-golf, and trying our hands at arcade games.  If there was snow on the ground, we might go sledding or build a snowman.

The kids are grown now and plan their own activities, but as a teacher (volunteer though I may be) these breaks offer a new opportunity to work on projects or do things I don't always make time for during a "normal" week.  I spent yesterday working on chores and riding out whatever bug is trying to get me down.  Today I hit the grocery stores (yes, stores - plural - it takes three stores to get my groceries these days) and then came home and baked cookies.

Several years ago I received a recipe box that belonged to my maternal grandmother.  I digitized the recipes and have been gradually working my way through the ones that sound interesting (the 80s were not good for recipes...Velveeta cheese anyone?)  Today's recipe; Coconut Oatmeal Cookies.

Initial taste tests suggest that this cookie recipe is a keeper!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm