23 and Counting

As anniversaries go, this year was quiet and easy.  Fighting a belly bug, I spent the morning resting, knitting, and futzing around on the computer.  Patrick decided he wanted to go ice skating and invited us to join him.  I haven't been on skates since the kids were little but I didn't want to miss out so I went along.  My feet is all you get see of this adventure, other than a nice shot of Patrick gliding by as I sat in the ice arena penalty box, but rest assured I did make it around the rink a couple of times and I never fell.

The real celebration came at dinner time.  Joerg and I have gone out for sushi on our anniversary for years.  When the kids were little we would hire a sitter, later that sitter was Patrick, and now they both like sushi and prefer to go with us.  We have gone to the same place for years (even during COVID when we had to do carry-out sushi) so the owner, who is also the hostess and waits tables, knows me by name.  I suppose the fact that we order a lot of sushi doesn't hurt.  We may joke about how much sushi we order, but empty all the plates.

23 years of marriage.  It's been a good run so far and hopefully we will get at least 23 more.  In the meantime, I think I'm going to go pack away my skates...maybe for good.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm