Weekend Sewing Room Project #1

Several years ago my Mom made some skirts for me.  As happens, over time the elastic in the waistband dried out and gave up.  I could throw the well-warn skirt away, replace the elastic, or "upcycle" the material.  So, viola!  A new apron.

It even has my name embroidered on it.


While I was sewing on this project, my embroidery machine was busy working on Project #2.  With a little Vivaldi in my headphones, I didn't hear both machines chugging away, but chug away they did.

One thing I noticed while I was working is how old my sewing machine is.  Standard on most newer machines these days (including my embroidery machine) is a needle threader.  This nifty contraption is the thread line and with the flick of a lever will thread the needle.
My sewing machine, on the other hand, requires a steady hand and a good eye...or a manual needle threader.  These new fangled threaders are cute, but they don't last long (which is probably why they're sold in boxes of 10 rather than packages of 2-3). :(

Things got a little dicey on Project #2.  As the last pattern was being embroidered, my spool of thread started to look a little...thin.  Indeed, I ran out of thread with about 1,000 stitches left.  If you know what to look for, on the project, you can see when I changed to a close-but-not-quite-the-same back up blue.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm