Peace on...River Cove Road

 I may not be able to do much about world peace, but it was very peaceful on River Cove Road.

Christmas Day is weird.  In our house, it's quiet; video games to play, little projects or tasks to attended to, movies to watch, books to read, Christmas cookies to eat.  When I step outside the door, there is a peacefulness around me; a palpable calm.  No traffic noise.  No industrial sounds as businesses go about their work.  Nothing.  No buzz.  No hum.  Just the sound of the snow falling.  It's a peacefulness I have only experienced during COVID lock-down when all businesses were shuttered and people were ordered to stay home and once every year...on Christmas Day.  It's weird, but I like it.

As we enjoy this peaceful day, I am putting in some good time on my knitting project.  I hope to have this afghan finished before I return to school next week.  We'll see how it goes.  In the meantime, I hope you find peace in your life as well, even if you're surrounded by noise and chaos, family and friends, mayhem, music, and merry-making.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm