Latest Project

I'm rockin' my way through (one of) my grandmother's recipe boxes.  I received the box when she moved to a nursing home and no longer needed them.  There are many recipes and some of them are quite old.  My plan is to enter all the recipes into a recipe program I use and then print a cookbook that I can share with my cousins...and whoever else would like to have one.

To further get into the spirit of this retro and historical project I brought out one of the teacups from her collection.  Cup and saucer sets were occasionally given as gifts "back in the day" and my grandmother had a hutch in the dining room specially equipped to hold them.  These duets were given to her by friends over the years, many whom I even knew from my summer visits to her house.  Unfortunately, I don't know which cup came from which friend, but I can still enjoy my tea while work on the recipes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm