Old & New

Joerg turned one bay of the garage into a motorcycle workshop. Shop lights, motorcycle mechanic's tools, and 80s music playing in the back.

When he started working on my bike (new battery and installing my GPS cable so I can always find my way home), he realized that sitting on your knees on a cement floor is not a good idea. He needed something to sit on. The only stool in our house is this piano stool from my grandmother. It's one of those adjustable height stools with claw feet that you used to find in front of old pianos. I'm guessing that the stool is at least as old as my mother, but probably older (and I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm wrong).  While we don't really have anything here that is truly "old", I do have memories of using that stool dating back most of my life, so we can call that stool "old".

Unlike the "old days" when Joerg and his buddy would work on their motorbikes together, nowadays we have an internet to look up repair manuals, assembly schematics, and chat rooms where other tinkerers can be found sharing their experiences - good and bad. And how better to access the internet from a motorcycle shop than with an iPad? (And, no, he doesn't usually set it precariously on the motorcycle...he just did that to humor me for a picture).

A workshop in his garage with the internet at his fingertips, listening to the "oldies" of the eighties decade. My how things have changed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How quickly it turns.

Surprise!

Calm after the storm